Subject: Pigment dispersions

Pigment dispersions

From: Ron Stark <rstark9955>
Date: Friday, November 27, 1998
Pete Sixbey <psixbey [at] max__state__ia__us> writes

>... I
>had tried Ciba's Microlith pigments with limited success--it was
>very difficult to dissolve the pigments into the epoxy ...

I have extensive experience with pigment dispersions and
particularly those prepared by Daniels Products.  DP has some of the
best colormen in the business and they are completely responsive to
our needs. It is my counsel to communicate with the colormen (and
women) and lab people regarding your needs and specs.

Not everything they have will work but they can formulate something
that will.

If we, at S/R Labs, can be of assistance please call upon us too. We
have our own ink and paint lab and we enjoy helping fellow
conservators. Cordially,

Ron Stark, Director
ron [at] srlabs__com

                 Distributed: Monday, November 30, 1998