Subject: Unpaid positions

Unpaid positions

From: Becky Cameron <cameronr>
Date: Monday, November 30, 1998
The post to sort, catalogue and preserve the papers of the Oxford
Political Economy Club sounds an interesting one.  However,  I
couldn't help thinking that if the economic theories contained in
them were worth preserving, then how come the Club hadn't prospered
sufficiently to pay a professional to carry out this work?!

It strikes me as being rather cheeky to hope to take advantage of
the fact that there probably are people in the field of preservation
without paid work, who may feel that a voluntary project is better
than nothing.  Or am I just over reacting--what does anyone else
think?

Becky Cameron
Assistant Conservator
Edinburgh University Library