Subject: Objects Specialty Group list

Objects Specialty Group list

From: Katy Untch <kuntch>
Date: Thursday, November 19, 1998
I can appreciate the recent comments regarding the current status of
the OSG list.  I wish the commentors and others who have some
concern were able to read the thoughtful discussion brought out by
the group prior to this decision being made.

Without repeating any of the previous conversation, I would like to
bring out two points to keep in mind.  The OSG list is still in its
infancy stages and we do not yet fully know the direction it will
take.

The second point is that the list is not closed, at present it is
merely a benefit to members of the OSG and WAG.  Anyone who wishes
access can pay the nominal dues to join one of these groups and feel
free to jump on board. I am not aware of any professional
prerequisites for joining OSG, WAG, or the associate category of
AIC.

Katharine Untch
Conservator of Objects
Virginia Museum of Fine Arts