Subject: Soot on wall painting

Soot on wall painting

From: Soren Ibsen <soren.ibsen>
Date: Thursday, November 19, 1998
Barbara Cerrina <nina [at] digicolor__net> writes:

>We need to clean a ceiling painted with tempera that is actually
>covered with a thick lay of soot.

I have with good results used an acid-free rubber pad called
"Wishab", obtained in three grade: soft--hard--extra-hard (I prefer
the hard quality) from Germany in a box with 30 pads, which make it
possible for you to share them with your colleagues:

    Akachemie, Zeppelinstr. 10-12
    Postfach 1152
    D-7315 Weilheim

This rubber pad can be used for dry-cleaning on all kind of solid
materials such as paper, leather, parchment etc.

    **** Moderator's comments: Thanks also to Olaf Pung
    who also mentioned this product

Soren Ibsen
Book- and paperrestorer