Subject: Spider beetles

Spider beetles

From: Cathy Aster <aster>
Date: Wednesday, November 18, 1998
Has anyone had a problem with a spider beetle infestation in a
library/archive collection storage area?  In particular, I am
looking for photographic documentation of spider beetle damage to
paper-based collections.  Additionally, I would like to speak to
anyone who has dealt with a spider beetle infestation to obtain
specific information about the observed activities of this
particular insect. Thank you for your time,

Cathy Aster
Head of Preservation Services
Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace
Stanford University
Stanford, CA 94305
650-723-2132
Fax: 650-723-9852

               Distributed: Wednesday, November 18, 1998