Subject: Beva film

Beva film

From: John Burke <jb>
Date: Tuesday, November 17, 1998
Barbara Appelbaum <aandh [at] idt__net> writes

>I do not often use Beva, but I am testing it now for a very strange
>treatment, and find the smell is driving me nuts.  I have been using
>the solution of 371.  Does anyone have experience in using Beva film
>instead, and is the smell problem substantially reduced?

The original formula for BEVA 371 calls for a combination of
cyclohexanone resin (Ketone-N, Larapol K-80 or similar) and some
ethylene vinyl acetate resins (Elvax or similar) along with a few
other additives. Polycyclohexanones have a strong distinctive odor
which to me smells vaguely minty, even in dried films. This is
probably what you are smelling.

                Distributed: Tuesday, November 17, 1998