Subject: Supports for antique cars

Supports for antique cars

From: David Wexler <david>
Date: Thursday, November 12, 1998
Lynda Zycherman <lynda_zycherman [at] moma__org> writes

>...  We would like some information about a better
>way to store and display the cars, especially with the weight of the
>vehicle taken off the tires.  Does anyone have suggestions for
>under-car supports as used in museums?

There is a mail-order catalog company in Tacoma Washington called
Griot's Garage 800-345-5789 or 253-922-2400 that carries a number
ingenious devises for moving around cars (with their tires). They
might have something that will work for you.

I'm looking for any resources, guidelines etc for preserving /
mothballing automobiles. Lynda's question is a good one about on or
off tires. How about fluids? Drain or not? Treatment of rubber and
plastics? Use of car covers or open? Does anyone on this list have
the answers and expertise? Thank you.

David Wexler, President
Hollywood Vaults, Inc.
Preservation-Quality Storage for Film, Tape & Digital Media
742 Seward Street
Hollywood CA 90038-3504 USA
Fax: 323-461-6479, 805-569-1657

                Distributed: Thursday, November 12, 1998