Subject: Citation sought

Citation sought

From: Lori Mellon <lmellon>
Date: Tuesday, November 10, 1998
Jane Henderson <ljdhenderson [at] btinternet__com> writes

>I am trying to find an article by Maurizio Marabelli ...
>
>    Marabelli, M. and Napolitana, G. (1991).  Nuovi sitemi prottivi
>    applicabili su opero manufatti in bronzo esposti alliapero.
>    Materiali e Strutture 1 (2)

Jane, although I cannot provide the citation you're after, I have a
source that may assist you.

The Insititute for Scientific Information in Philadelphia (ISI) is a
publisher of citation indexes.  If the Marabelli article has been
published, there's a possibility it could be indexed in either ISI's
Science Citation Index or (if they still publish it) their Arts &
Humanities Citation Index.

These indexes can usually be found at a university library, and I
recently saw that ISI has a web site. Who knows: maybe their index
is online now (for a hefty subscriber fee, I'm sure).  Good luck.

    **** Moderator's comments: ISI is at
    <URL:http://www.isinet.com/>, the online version of SCI was
    called SciSearch and now appears to be retitled Science Citation
    Index Expanded. There is indeed web access via a service called
    "The Web of Science". I'd assume that "hefty" was probably
    right; they seem to avoid any mention of pricing on their web
    site, so you're probably going to want to hit a library for this
    whether you use the print or online versions. For what it's
    worth, I did a search of SciSearch and wasn't able to come up
    with the Marabelli and Napolitana article (but this may reflect
    more on my meager searching skills than anything else)

Lori Mellon
Rocky Mountain Conservation Center

                Distributed: Thursday, November 12, 1998