Subject: Beva film

Beva film

From: Niccolo Caldararo <caldararo>
Date: Tuesday, November 10, 1998
In reference to [Barbara Appelbaum's] query about Beva 371 and the
smell.  The CPC product data sheets (some quite old I'm afraid) list
toluene and naphtha (60%) with heptane added to the toxicity area. I
used to enjoy the smell, but have since switched almost entirely to
the Beva sheet product which seems to smell the same to me but not
as full.  I hope this is helpful.

Niccolo Caldararo
Director and Chief Conservator
Conservation Art Service

                Distributed: Thursday, November 12, 1998