Subject: Objects Specialty Group list

Objects Specialty Group list

From: Niccolo Caldararo <caldararo>
Date: Tuesday, November 10, 1998
This is in reference to David Harvey's announcement that the Objects
Specialty Group has made its online discussion group a members only
resource.  I can only say that it is unfortunate that the Group has
decided that a free access to information is not in their interests.
It will, I believe, give greater import and impact to opinions of
people who are, perhaps, not as experienced but who are available in
other venues for reference.  Limiting information cannot further the
goals of conservation professionalism.

Niccolo Caldararo
Director and Chief Conservator
Conservation Art Service

                Distributed: Thursday, November 12, 1998