Subject: Lasers

Lasers

From: Niccolo Caldararo <caldararo>
Date: Tuesday, November 3, 1998
Yangsook Choe <ysc [at] foremalsvard__bd__se> writes

>I am interested in using lasers in conservation, especially cleaning
>metals. I have some experiences with Nd:YAG laser on metals, but it
>is difficult to find articles about that.

I would direct your research to Dr. John Asmus in the scientific
literature.  John has published most of his work outside the
conservation field as his work is applicable to various industries.
He has done the main innovative work in such industrial niches as
cleaning nuclear power plant mechanisms with extremely low
tolerances.  He can be reached at the Institute for Pure and Applied
Sciences, University of California, San Diego, California.

Niccolo Caldararo
Director and Chief Conservator
Conservation Art Service

                 Distributed: Tuesday, November 3, 1998