Subject: AATA

AATA

From: Niccolo Caldararo <caldararo>
Date: Saturday, October 31, 1998
Walter, I just received a letter from Neville Agnew (form letter
which I am sure you and everyone else in AIC was sent) about the
future of the AATA.   Agnew tells us that the publication of the
next "AATA abstracts is being delayed pending a determination of
whether the printed version is the most cost-effective means of
making the information available."  And that they are hoping to be
able to make a decision in the next few months.

I think that this is a great opportunity to help out by directing
this query to the Cons DistList. Since they represent a sample of
those who depend on this information and yet who are also very
computer literate their opinions on the value of a printed version
vs an internet access version would be of special import.  Also a
discussion of the issue might raise some very valuable thoughts to
improving dissemination of information.

I, for one, like the printed version as a quick and ready reference
and I would be concerned about access of the AATA in the future,
especially back issues if it was entirely electronic. As it is,
people can xerox copies of new versions and old, who do not have
access to the internet and are not computer literate.  On the other
hand, the volumes take up a considerable amount of shelf space and
unless your lab is engaged in a considerable amount of research work
as a part of treatment, they often are little used.  So I am sure
there will be a variety of feelings about the AATA from Cons
DistList people.

Niccolo

                 Distributed: Monday, November 2, 1998