Subject: Boxmaking vendors

Boxmaking vendors

From: Robert J. Milevski <milevski>
Date: Thursday, October 29, 1998
Princeton used BookLab's services, both for preservation
photocopying and rare book/manuscript boxmaking.  We have been very
pleased with their work and the accommodations we have requested
over the years and would continue to patronize them if circumstances
hadn't overtaken them.

With BookLab's demise we have readily available a choice of several
other vendors for photocopying, but we are not sure of the resources
for rare book boxmaking.  We have had 15-20 boxes fabricated by them
on a yearly basis. Can anyone recommend vendors to fill their shoes
in this area?  A vendor which can produce boxes to their quality, if
not also at or near their price?  I'd be happy for advice from any
one knowledgeable about this.  And, lest, anyone should think
otherwise, quality of work is most important to me.  Quality *and*
aesthetics.  Thanks for any assistance,

Robert J. Milevski
Preservation Librarian
Princeton University Library