Subject: Moving chemicals

Moving chemicals

From: Lisa Goldberg <goldkoob>
Date: Thursday, October 29, 1998
Ramona Duncan-Huse <rduncan [at] statelib__lib__in__us> writes

>In light of the recent article in the AIC News about the importance
>of complying with OSHA etc. on the location of chemicals in
>buildings,  we are attempting to get some guidelines for  safely
>moving chemicals from one building to another.

Are you moving the chemicals by vehicle, across state or county
lines?  Are you hand-carrying them to set up a new facility?
Transport of any chemicals is highly regulated in the US by
Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.  In addition, state
and local rules also apply.

Lisa Goldberg

                 Distributed: Monday, November 2, 1998