Subject: Supports for antique cars

Supports for antique cars

From: George Bailey <george.bailey>
Date: Friday, October 30, 1998
Lynda Zycherman <lynda_zycherman [at] moma__org> asked for  suggestions
for under-car supports as used in museums. At the Australian War
Memorial we use adjustable vehicle stands. These are normally placed
under the axles of the vehicle, and are mechanically adjustable to
suit the height of each vehicle. I would avoid using hydraulic jacks
as stands, because they have a tendency to leak and compress over
time.

George Bailey
Objects Conservator
Australian War Memorial