Subject: Febreze

Febreze

From: Cathy Atwood <catwood>
Date: Friday, October 30, 1998
Febreze is a new Procter & Gamble spray product that eliminates
odors on fabrics. I recently talked with P&G's consumer information
section, since there have been questions about how this could help
with libraries and books that have a moldy smell.

The effective substance in Febreze is carried with water, so it
should not be used directly on books or documents.  I asked if the
spray could be used on a cardboard box, with the smelly books stood
open in the box. But Febreze is effective only on the item which is
sprayed.

Cathy Atwood
Local Records Program, Missouri Secretary of State

                 Distributed: Monday, November 2, 1998