Subject: Storage of acetate film

Storage of acetate film

From: William L. Hopkins <whopkins>
Date: Monday, October 26, 1998
Some years ago I read that diacetate film could be stored in closed
containers which would contain offgassing.  The idea here was that
it would slow the deterioration of the film by containing the
"plastisizer" which composed the film base and thus prevent shrinkage
of the film base from the emulsion layer.  I cannot remember in
which publication I read this and current opinions and attitudes
refute this theory.  Has anyone encountered this idea before.

                Distributed: Wednesday, October 28, 1998