Subject: BookLab closes

BookLab closes

From: Craig Jensen <craig>
Date: Wednesday, October 28, 1998
On October 27 we sent out letters by email and snailmail to BookLab
clients informing them that BookLab, Inc. will discontinue
operations on November 30, 1998.

This message is paraphrased from that letter as a kind of press
release:

   "In our ten years as an innovator in the library preservation
    field, BookLab has developed many extraordinary relationships
    with clients and colleagues. Beginning in 1988 with the
    introduction of preservation photocopy, BookLab has been on the
    cutting edge of technological advances in preservation. We have
    consistently met the changing needs of our library clients.
    Today, however, our industry is ready for consolidation.

   "We have reached the decision to discontinue our operations as
    BookLab as of November 30, 1998. We have stopped taking new
    work, but we will complete all work which is already here. This
    was a difficult decision for us, not least because of the
    strength of our relationships with our clients. Although
    BookLab, Inc. is dissolving, many of us will remain in the
    library preservation field.

   "Paul Parisi, President of Acme Bookbinding, and Jim Larsen,
    President of Bridgeport National Bindery, have been part owners
    of BookLab since its incorporation in 1988. Their companies now
    offer many of the same services as BookLab. For this reason, we
    suggest that those interested consider sending work that would
    have gone to BookLab to either of these fine full-service
    binderies.

   "As we close our Austin facility, we will devote the majority of
    our attention to assuring that this transition is as simple and
    as comfortable as possible. We will fulfill all outstanding
    orders before we close our doors, and will assist in forwarding
    new work to Acme and Bridgeport. Please call us with any
    questions and concerns."

BookLab will be selling all of its equipment and materials. A list
has been compiled and pricing is now being determined. Anyone
interested in the list can contact me at craig [at] booklab__com.  Thanks
to everyone,

Craig Jensen, President
BookLab, Inc.

                Distributed: Wednesday, October 28, 1998