Subject: Photo engraving on magnesium

Photo engraving on magnesium

From: Jennifer Draffen <JDraffen>
Date: Thursday, October 15, 1998
    **** Moderator's comments:
    This query (actually sent in by Craig Deller) comes from a
    person who is not on the DistList and will not see any responses
    that are posted here.  Please respond directly to sender.

We have a Barbara Kruger photo engraving on magnesium in the
collection which incorporates red pigmented relief ink.  I am
wondering how light sensitive this inks is and what a good resource
might be to look up the fading potential of other materials.  I have
the Light Damage slide rule put out by CCI but they discontinued the
poster (Put It Where the Sun Doesn't Shine- no, I am not kidding)
that gave examples of media/materials.  Can you help?

Jennifer Draffen
Registrar, Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago.

                 Distributed: Friday, October 16, 1998