Subject: Storing phonograph records in original jackets

Storing phonograph records in original jackets

From: Sue Dunlap <sdunlap>
Date: Thursday, October 15, 1998
I was wondering what if any problems there are in keeping records in
the original paper jackets.  I am replacing the ones that I can with
acid-free jackets.  But I have some that are in those old albums,
with several sleeves attached to the inside that you turn like pages
in a book.  We would like to just leave the records in this album as
long as we know there won't be any damage to the records from the
paper of the sleeves.

Sue Dunlap
Preservation Manager
College of Wooster Libraries