Subject: Measuring tear strength of water damaged paper

Measuring tear strength of water damaged paper

From: Ron Lieberman <ronbiblio>
Date: Thursday, October 8, 1998
Can anybody direct me to someone who can informally discuss with me
the Elmendorf paper tear strength test. I'd like to see how it
applies to some books that survived a flood, freeze drying, washing,
etc. Information about any other experiences with the durability and
longevity of paper and book structures after such an experience is
appreciated.

Ron Lieberman
The Family Album / ABAA
Library & Collection Building Consultants
RR 1  -  Box 42
Glen Rock, PA 17327
USA
717-235-2134