Subject: Visiting Preservation Resources during ALA midwinter meeting

Visiting Preservation Resources during ALA midwinter meeting

From: Meg Bellinger <bellingm>
Date: Tuesday, October 6, 1998
Given Preservation Resources' proximity to Philadelphia, I would
like to take the opportunity of ALA Midwinter to invite you to tour
our facility on Friday, January 29th, to see how we do preservation
microfilming and digital conversion of film, and to meet the staff.
The tour will encompass the full range of our facility and services
and will include:

    *   our camera studio which includes the thirteen Hermann &
        Kraemer cameras and the Log E Robertson full frame fiche
        camera,

    *   an overview of how preservation-quality microfilms are
        created, including high contrast, continuous tone and color
        films,

    *   the darkroom, processing and quality control units and an
        overview of how we manufacture and apply polysulfide
        solution ,

    *   the 26,200 cubic feet microfilm Vault,

    *   the digital imaging studio and a brief overview of the
        scanning process.

You'll see in action a fully implemented, high-production
reformatting operation that is currently producing 8.4 million
microfilm frames and 1.3 million images per year.

The specifics:

The invitation is RSVP only please. Tours will be conducted in two
sessions:

Tour A: 9:30 to 11:30 am
(bus leaves Philadelphia at 8:00 and returns at 1:00)
Tour B: 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.
(bus leaves Philadelphia at 1:30 and returns at 6:30)

Charter bus service from Philadelphia to Bethlehem and back will be
provided. Due to limitations of time and space the invitation can
only be extended on a first come basis so please reserve as early as
possible.

We request that you RSVP to Carmen Brewer via e-mail:
<brewerc [at] oclc__org> by December 11, 1998.  Please indicate your tour
choice (A or B) and transportation choice (riding the bus or
providing your own). We hope to see you,

Meg Bellinger
President
Preservation Resources,
A division of OCLC