Subject: Silver foil for Oddy tests

Silver foil for Oddy tests

From: Karen Potje <kpotje>
Date: Friday, October 2, 1998
Laura Gorman <mjones5304 [at] aol__com> writes

>I am seeking a source for silver metal to be used for Oddy testing.
>Following the British Museum protocol, it must be 99.5% pure,
>unalloyed silver, with a thickness of 0.1mm.  It is the latter
>specification which I have been unable to meet after diligently
>scouring the supply catalogues.

I recently purchased Silver foil for Oddy tests from:

    ALFA AESAR
    30 Bond Street
    Ward Hill, MA 01835-8099
    Phone 9780-521-6300 or 800-343-0660
    FAX 978-521-6350

They supplied unalloyed silver, with a thickness of 0.1mm., Premion,
99.9985% pure. Stock #: 12126

Karen Potje
Head, Conservation/Preservation
Canadian Centre for Architecture