Subject: Caroline Keck

Caroline Keck

From: Jean D. Portell <jeandp>
Date: Wednesday, September 30, 1998
Caroline Keck turns 90 on Oct. 6, 1998. Caroline Kohn Keck (Mrs.
Sheldon Keck), one of America's most influential painting
conservators, will celebrate her 90th birthday on October 6, 1998.
She is quite well, I am happy to say. She continues to conserve
paintings and to express opinions forcefully. And she enjoys
receiving mail from old and new friends.

Mrs. Keck has chosen to celebrate her birthday with a small party in
her home town. So I am telling as many of her friends and admirers
as I can about this anniversary and suggesting that some of you may
like to send Mrs. Keck a note or postcard. *No telephone calls,
please!*

This plan is a secret from her, but I did call her older son, Albert
Keck, who lives near her. He approved my idea. Here is her address:

    Ms. Caroline K. Keck
    31 River Street
    Cooperstown, NY 13326-1316
    U.S.A.

I am Jean D. Portell, in Brooklyn, NY. I have known Mrs. Keck since
the fall of 1962, when I volunteered to help with the Brooklyn
Museum's week-long Exposition on Painting Conservation. Ever since,
I have been her admirer. If you are a fan, too--or if someone you
know is--this is a good occasion to tell her.

                 Distributed: Thursday, October 1, 1998