Subject: Nineteenth century photo albums

Nineteenth century photo albums

From: Luis Nadeau <nadeaul>
Date: Thursday, October 1, 1998
Randy Silverman <rsilverm [at] alex__lib__utah__edu> writes

>Bookbinder Dominic Riley is doing research on nineteenth century
>photograph albums and would appreciate some help.  If you are aware
>of published information about these objects as book structures,
>their aesthetic evolution, the industry that produced them, the way
>they were used, or their effectiveness for housing photographs, I'm
>curious and Dominic is fascinated.

Next month in Paris (Nov. 26 & 27), there is an symposium on this
very subject. See the following sites:

    <URL:http://www.sfp.photographie.com/2-Calendrier/
        23-manifestations.html>

        **** Moderator's comments: In the above URL, there is, of
        course, no newline after the slash

According to the latter, the lectures will be translated
(French-English) and the proceedings will be published.

Luis Nadeau
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada

                 Distributed: Thursday, October 1, 1998