Subject: Parchment

Parchment

From: Ilias Kastritis <ikast>
Date: Monday, September 28, 1998
Being a graduate from the Department of Conservation of works of art
and antiquities at the Technical University of Athens, and within
the context of my dissertation, I have done some ground work on
conserving vellum/parchment manuscripts of a very old and famous
Greek poet. Some of these items are going to be exhibited at a
section of the library as part of a general exhibition of his works.

I would like, if anyone could kindly give me some insight or help on
references ( bibliography, tutorials, handbooks, ...) regarding the
current techniques of conserving vellum and techniques/approaches
to displaying such items within a museum/exhibition ( eg.
microclimate,...)

Zoe Ginni
Research Associate

                Distributed: Tuesday, September 29, 1998