Subject: Waterlogged wood and leather samples available

Waterlogged wood and leather samples available

From: Lisa A. Young <conserveit>
Date: Friday, September 25, 1998
    author.

I am posting this announcement for an archaeologist who is not part
of the list. I am working on a waterlogged archaeological project
from Philadelphia (ca. 1750) with the National Park Service.  Like
so many waterlogged projects, all the wood and leather cannot be
conserved. The archaeologist has asked me to ask other conservators
if they would like deaccessioned pieces of leather and wood to use
to experiment with in conservation.... as the context is known, and
the approximate date of the privy has been established.  We are
still in the initial sorting stages, and the objects would have to be
picked up by the group/ institution who is interested in it (or
fed-exed?).

Let me know if you are at all interested at this point, otherwise I
will contact a broader group of conservators. If you know of anyone
who is interested, please forward this message to them. If there are
any questions regarding the wood and leather, please contact me and
I will pass the message on to the archaeologists.

Lisa Young
Alexandria Conservation Services, Ltd.

                Distributed: Tuesday, September 29, 1998