Subject: Cartes de visite

Cartes de visite

From: Christine Ullrich <cullrich>
Date: Thursday, September 24, 1998
    **** Moderator's comments:
    This query comes from a person who is not on the DistList and
    will not see any responses that are posted here.  Please respond
    directly to sender and if of general interest post it here as
    well

I have an album of Civil War era CDV's. The CDV's have been glued
onto the pages. Is there any way to unglue the CDV's without
damaging them. We had considered steaming, but wanted to check with
a professional first. We also have some nitrate film negatives which
have rolled up on themselves. The negatives date from 1898 and were
taken during the Spanish-American War. Is there any way to flatten
these so prints can be made and the film properly disposed.

Christine Ullrich
cullrich [at] mail__state__wi__us

                Distributed: Friday, September 25, 1998