Subject: Framing photographs

Framing photographs

From: Stephen Todd <stephen.todd>
Date: Thursday, September 17, 1998
We are holding the third seminar on Conservation of Works of Art on
Paper in late October, in London UK. At the most recent meeting,
good progress was made in establishing base guidelines for the use
of mountboard by commercial picture framers, in respect of the
nomenclature used by mountboard converters to describe materials
hitherto described as 'acid free', 'museum' and 'conservation'
qualities.

In order to progress we require input from those with knowledge of
display framing of photographs that are printed on paper.

If anyone has is aware of detailed conclusions on the problems
arising in enclosing paper based photos against, or between
mountboard, could they contact me.

Stephen Todd
+44 161 486 0021
Fax: +44 161 485 1221
Organiser of The UK Symposium on the Conservation of Works of Art on
Paper

               Distributed: Thursday, September 17, 1998