Subject: UKIC Ceramics and Glass Section

UKIC Ceramics and Glass Section

From: Adrian Tribe <a.tribe>
Date: Tuesday, September 8, 1998
The Ceramics & Glass Section of UKIC is organising a conference and
study trip to Amsterdam between 12th and 14th October 1998. The
conference will be at The Netherlands Institute of Cultural Heritage
where the school of conservation is situated. The following lectures
are to be presented:

    "Dutch Delftware" - Jan Dan Van Dam
    "A study of a Liverpool Delftware chinnoiserie tile picture and
     its conservation" - Lynne Kelly & Myra Brown
    "Restoration of Delftware" - an Amsterdam conservator
    "Coloured fills on Delftware" - Bouke de Vries

Visits to the ceramics and glass studios at the Institute and the
workshop at the Rijksmuseum will also take place.

A trip to Delft has been arranged, stopping on the way at Rijkswijk
where the Institute has its store rooms and conservation studio. In
Delft we will visit the pottery factory and the museum. We will also
visit the Lambert van Meerten museum - a 19th century patrician's
mansion with a magnificent Delft tiles collection and other ware,
and the Prinsenhof, which houses an important collection of
Delftware, silver and paintings. Visits to Makeup and Leewarden,
known for their collections, are also planned.

The conference fees are:

    UKIC Member - 125 UKP
    Non-member - 155 UKP
    UKIC Student or Unwaged Member - 65 UKP

This includes: the registration fee; all entrance fees associated
with the various trips and visits; lunch on Monday; dinner on
Tuesday; and a copy of the post prints. This does NOT include travel
to and from Amsterdam or accommodation. The CGCG Committee cannot
make such arrangements for the delegates, but we contacted an
independent travel agent who is willing to make these arrangements
for all delegates wishing to participate. The conference starts at
9.00am on Monday 12th October, so travel arrangements should be made
accordingly.

There are only a limited number of places left. For booking and more
details, please contact:

    Lynne Kelly
    The Conservation Centre
    Whitechapel
    Liverpool
    L1 6HZ
    +44 151 478 4862
    Fax: +44 151 478 4990

Adrian Tribe

                Distributed: Tuesday, September 15, 1998