Subject: Parinarium

Parinarium

From: Hans Portsteffen <b1016>
Date: Thursday, September 3, 1998
I am working with ethnographic objects. During the last time I had
special difficulties with Parinarium Laurinum, which was used as
Filling material and surface coating. Does anybody knows something
about this material, its preparation, its contents and possibilities
of conservation? With many thanks

    **** Moderator's comments: BCIN shows only two refs to the
    Parinarium nut:

        Rainger, Floriani.
        "Restaurierung eines Prunkschildes von den Salomonen"
        (Restoration of a ceremonial shield from the Solomon
        Islands) Restauratorenblatter, Vol. 8 ,1985 -1986 pp.
        112-120 Wien: Osterreichische Sektion des IIC

        Kenndler, E.; Mairinger, F.; Bauer, W.P.; Rainer, F.
        Schmidt-Beiwl, K.
        "Technical examination and restoration of a ceremonial
        shield from the Solomon Islands", Studies in conservation,
        Vol. 33 No. 3, August 1988 pp. 115-125

Hans Portsteffen

                Distributed: Thursday, September 3, 1998