Subject: Textile conservator sought

Textile conservator sought

From: Christina LaSala <lasala>
Date: Tuesday, September 1, 1998
    author.

I need to find a reputable fabric conservator in the San Francisco
Bay area. I am working on a hand woven wall hanging American circa
1860 that fell off a mail truck and was run over. The fabric has
been torn and has black tire marks on it. Any recommendations would
be greatly appreciated,

    **** Moderator's comments:   The Foundation of the American
    Institute for Conservation (FAIC) has a referral service which
    will help you find a conservator in a particular specialty and
    geographic area.

    American Institute for Conservation
    1717 K Street, NW, Suite 301
    Washington, DC 20006