Subject: Adhesive on CD-ROM

Adhesive on CD-ROM

From: Sue Dunlap <sdunlap>
Date: Friday, August 21, 1998
We received a book with a CD-Rom in a plastic pocket attached to the
inside of the back cover.  The CD was pushed down so far in the
pocket that it was stuck to the adhesive that was used to attach the
pocket to the cover. After I pulled it out, I noticed the edge of
the CD has sticky adhesive on it, on both sides.  What can I use to
remove the adhesive?  I'm sure it would not be good to put this CD
into a computer in this condition.  I think alcohol would remove the
adhesive, but I didn't want to try anything for fear of what damage
I would do to the CD.  Any help and advice will be greatly
appreciated. Sue Dunlap

Sue Dunlap
Preservation Manager
College of Wooster Libriaries