Subject: Pesticides on Indian books

Pesticides on Indian books

From: Jeanne Drewes <jdrewes>
Date: Wednesday, August 26, 1998
We are considering setting up an approval plan to purchase materials
from India.  In the past materials from India have been sprayed with
a pesticide which has been of concern to the library staff receiving
the materials and for the staff shelving the materials.  Have any
others had a similar problem with materials and how have you
detoxified them?  I am more concerned about the residue, but odor is
also a concern.

Jeanne Drewes
Head, Preservation Department
MSE Library