Subject: Digital imaging literature citations

Digital imaging literature citations

From: Carolyn Riccardelli <riccardelli>
Date: Sunday, July 26, 1998
Timothy Vitale <tjvitale [at] ix__netcom__com> writes

Mr. Vitale wrote:

>I've been trying to find a great review of the HP PhotoSmart Photo
>Scanner (HP marketing URL for it at
>    <URL:http://hpcc923.external.hp.com/peripherals/

I currently own the PhotoSmart scanner, and before I bought it I did
as much research on the product as I could. I came across one
fantastic web site (*not* written by Hewlett-Packard) which has lots
of info on the scanner (and the PhotoSmart printer, too) as well as
some excellent images which illustrate the noise problems that some
people have with the scanner:
<URL:http://www.niftywebs.com/photoweb/photosmt.html>

I love the scanner, and have had no problems. I've only had a few
noisy scans (these tended to be contrasty images); but they could be
adjusted easily to get rid of the lines. I wholeheartedly agree with
Mr. Vitale that it could be a good tool for Conservators
(affordable, easy to use, good output).

Carolyn Riccardelli
(future Buffalo Conservation student)
Boston, MA