Subject: The Preservation Educators' Exchange web site

The Preservation Educators' Exchange web site

From: Christine Wiseman <cwiseman>
Date: Tuesday, July 14, 1998
I am working on a project to expand and update the Preservation
Educators' Exchange web site. The purpose of the site is to provide
training resources and materials to aid in developing workshops,
presentations and courses on library and archives preservation.

I'd prefer to link to existing resources already online, however I
can convert and mount materials directly onto the site.  I'm looking
for the following types of materials:

    *   full semester course syllabi
    *   workshop outlines or detailed descriptions
    *   presentation or short course outlines
    *   materials used as handouts at training programs (leaflets,
        bibliographies, resource lists, etc.)
    *   samples or descriptions of exercises and case studies used
        by trainers/educators
    *   descriptions of projects, internships or practicums
    *   information on evaluation techniques
    *   anything else that may be of use to preservation educators

If you have information you'd like posted on the site that is not
already online, please send me the file in the text of an email
message, or as an email attachment, preferably in Microsoft Word.
Please mail a hard copy as well.  All submissions should include
background information such as course/workshop name, date,
instructor, place taught, etc.

The site will be linked through the Regional Alliance for
Preservation (RAP) web site <URL:http://www.solinet.net/rap/>.  I
hope to have it online by early fall. Please send submissions and
questions to:

    Christine S. Wiseman
    Field Service Officer
    Preservation Services
    SOLINET, Inc.
    1438 W. Peachtree St., NW
    Suite 200
    Atlanta, GA 30309-2955
    404-892-0943, 800-999-8558, extension 241

                   Distributed: Friday, July 17, 1998