Subject: Mounting photographs in bound material

Mounting photographs in bound material

From: Niccolo Caldararo <caldararo>
Date: Tuesday, July 14, 1998
This is in response to Ms. Gubkin's query concerning attaching
photos to theses books.  I have wondered about this problem each
time I have removed a failed mount, especially those of the dry
mount type.  I have experimented using BEVA mounting photos and it
seems to work well, the dry mount ease with a reversible product.
Certainly experiments would have to be organized and carried out
with photos of various kinds, but perhaps this might work as an
alternative.

Niccolo Caldararo
Director and Chief Conservator
Conservation Art Service