Subject: Structural support for mural panels

Structural support for mural panels

From: Niccolo Caldararo <caldararo>
Date: Wednesday, July 15, 1998
This is response to Chris Stavroudis's comments:

When I originally read your and Alan Phenix's letters to Studies
about the Erhardt and Bischoff study I thought you both were
supporting further research on the methods.  I reread your comments
and it still seems to me that is the case.  Certainly you both point
out problems you have with the study, some valid, some which I
disagree with, but I also find some of David's answers incomplete.
Nevertheless, a method like Wolbers has produced should have been
fully tested prior to introduction, it was recently devised.

Niccolo Caldararo
Director and Chief Conservator
Conservation Art Service

                   Distributed: Friday, July 17, 1998