Subject: Protecting textiles from insects

Protecting textiles from insects

From: Craigen Bowen <bowen>
Date: Monday, July 13, 1998
I would be very interested in hearing from people about alternatives
to moth balls which might protect textiles from insect attack.  This
request comes to me from an artist and as a paper conservator in a
museum setting I have not had this problem before.  This applies to
textiles in two types of environments:  storage in an artist's
studio and also as part of a multi-media work of art which might
remain on view indefinitely.  Thanks,

Craigen Bowen
Paper Conservator
Straus Center for Conservation