Subject: Conservation of toilets from shipwreck

Conservation of toilets from shipwreck

From: Christine Ianna <christinei>
Date: Thursday, July 9, 1998
toilets from a shipwreck, I agree with Jessica Turner's suggestion
of using 0.1% sodium sulphate as a corrosion inhibitor but I am
interested in the treatment the toilets have already received,
especially how long they've been undergoing treatment and how much
chloride is still in their wash solution.

Christine Ianna
Object Conservator, Queensland Museum
PO Box 3300
South Brisbane, Queensland, 4101, Australia
Fax: +61 7 3846 1918

                  Distributed: Tuesday, July 14, 1998