Subject: Desktop printing

Desktop printing

From: Jo Crook <100716.2512>
Date: Tuesday, July 7, 1998
I am posting this reply on behalf of Heather Norville-Day in
response to Anne Coco <acoco [at] oscars__org> (Conservation DistList May
15, 1998 Instance: 11:93> and Mark Clarke <markey [at] gn__apc__org>
(Conservation DistList May 19, 1998 Instance: 11:94)

    The paper I wrote for the 'Modern Works, Modern Problems'
    Conference was related to faxed and colour photocopied works of
    art. In the paper I discuss the care and conservation concerns
    of these types of art works.

    I am currently preparing a paper with Shulla Jaques on computer
    generated works, i.e. ink jet, laser, pigment transfer etc. This
    is for a forthcoming conference, "Care of Photographic Moving
    Image and Sound Collections" (20-24 July 1998. York, England)

    The paper will cover the identification and dilemma of
    acquisitions within a collection and projections for long term
    storage and display. It will also include results of light and
    thermal ageing as well as the effects of simple conservation
    treatments on the media.

    The Conference will have several papers on the subject of
    computer generated art works.

    For further details about both conferences and pre/post prints
    contact:

        The Institute of Paper Conservation
        Leigh Lodge
        Leigh