Subject: Source for Saran film

Source for Saran film

From: Bianca Fossa <bfossa>
Date: Thursday, July 2, 1998
Does anyone know where I could get some polyvinylidene chloride
plastic film (PVDC) with the commercial name Saran? I want to test
it as packing material both for the conservation of metal objects
and for disinfecting organic materials. Its low gas permeability
sounds really interesting. An european supplier address would be
obviously preferred.

    **** Moderator's comments: Saran is a product of Dow. There is
    at least some info at <URL:http://www.dow.com> and you might be
    able to find a european supplier there

Bianca Fossa
Conservator
Istituto Centrale del Restauro
Via di San Michele, 23 - OO153 Rome - Italy
+39 6 48896340
Fax: +39 06 5886112

                  Distributed: Thursday, July 2, 1998