Subject: Smoke damage

Smoke damage

From: Nancy J. Cyr <ncyr>
Date: Thursday, July 2, 1998
This came in on the the registrar's list and I thought someone here
would be able to answer.

    Date: 2 Jul 98
    From: Jennifer Perry <j2p [at] aol__com>

    Because of the number of fires burning in the Daytona Beach are
    the museum has experienced some traces of smoke in the galleries
    and storage despite extensive air conditioning and filtration
    systems. The amounts have never been such that work has been
    curtailed or there is visible evidence in the air or on objects.
    How will these minimal amounts effect the various media. We
    can't predict how long the fires will continue.

    Jennifer Perry
    The Museum of Arts and Sciences, Daytona Beach

Nancy J. Cyr
Registrar
The Goldstein:A Museum of Design

                  Distributed: Thursday, July 2, 1998