Subject: Internship sought

Internship sought

From: Horacio M. Garcia Masi <hgmasi>
Date: Saturday, June 20, 1998
    author.

My name is Belen Laburu. I am an 33 years old argentine museum
conservator. At the present, I am attending to a course on art
collections conservation in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The course has
been organized by the Smithsonian Institution and an argentine
foundation (Fundacion Antorchas). The professors are from the United
States and there are local ones too. The course has a duration of
two semesters.

In the middle of the course, I am planing to go to Dallas (US). I
plan to be there in next October until March 1999. I will be in
Dallas because of my husband is going to attend for a Master in
International Law at Southern Methodist University.

I would appreciate very much if anybody inform me if there exists in
Dallas any place (museum--library--other institutions) related to
conservation matters. I am specially interested in a place in which
I would have the possibility to obtain an internship or where I
could study some course related to conservation.

Please, feel free to contact me if you need something about
conservation in my country. Best Regards,

Belen Laburu

                 Distributed: Wednesday, June 24, 1998