Subject: Preservation databases

Preservation databases

From: Gretchen Kriner <ostra921>
Date: Tuesday, June 23, 1998
I am doing a small research project in which I am to select and
evaluate databases which I would recommend as useful for a
preservation department of a small to medium sized academic library.
The literature I have searched thus far is heavy on the digitization
element, which is interesting to a point, but is probably not
terribly applicable to a small-medium library setting.  I would like
to find out about other useful systems, perhaps those which are
similar to the Pro-Cite system for condition surveys and the
Conservation Information Network.  Does anyone have any information
on this topic they would be willing to share and which is also not
loaded with confusing techno jargon?  Any suggestions would be much
appreciated,

Gretchen Kriner
Clarion University of Pennsylvania

                 Distributed: Wednesday, June 24, 1998