Subject: Care and handling policies

Care and handling policies

From: Gretchen Kriner <ostra921>
Date: Tuesday, June 23, 1998
Allison Lennox <archives [at] gatekeeper__ballet__ca> writes

>In the next few weeks I will be researching and drafting
>preservation management policies and procedures for our repository,
>specifically with regards to the care and handling of materials.

The following sources deal primarily with preservation management
issues and policies in a library setting, but they and their
bibliographies may still be helpful:

    Preservation Guidelines in ARL Libraries:  Spec Kit 137
    (September 1987)

    Collections Conservation, March 1993, an ARL series, edited by
    Jutta Reed- Scott

    Conservation Treatment Procedures:  A Manual of Step-By-Step
    Procedures for the Maintenance and Repair of Library Materials,
    by Carolyn Clark Morrow

    The Preservation Challenge:  A Guide to Conserving Library
    Materials, by Carolyn Clark Morrow

Good luck,

Gretchen Kriner
Clarion University of Pennsylvania