Subject: China National Institute of Cultural Property

China National Institute of Cultural Property

From: Xu Yuming <cnicp>
Date: Wednesday, June 24, 1998
China National Institute of Cultural Property
Scientific and Technological Center for Conservation and Restoration
Announcement of Spreading the Results of Scientific and
Technological Researches

The Scientific and Technological Center for Conservation and
Restoration (STCCR), being the only professional body in China under
the China National Institute of Cultural Property devoted itself to
scientific and technological researches on the problems and
emergency treatments encountered in the conservation and restoration
of Chinese cultural relics.

All 18 stuff members of the Center are professional experts with
more than half of senior researchers. The current works involved are
the conservation and restoration of wall painting and the cultural
relics made of stone, metal, textile, paper, lacquer, wood, bamboo,
as well as their dating and identification (the Center has C14 and
thermoluminescence laboratories). The Center has archived great
success in all these aspects and accumulated rich practical
experience. In order to better conserve ancient Chinese heritage and
world heritage, we hope that our results could be widely sprayed in
China and abroad. All that interested in applying our research
results or in providing financial supports for the conservation in
China would be highly appreciated and please contact:

Professor Xu Yuming
Director
The Scientific and Technological Center for Conservation and
    Restoration
China National Institute of Cultural Property
2 Gao Yuan Street
Beijing 100029
China

                 Distributed: Wednesday, June 24, 1998