Subject: PARS Binding Automation Discussion Group

PARS Binding Automation Discussion Group

From: Brian Baird <bbaird>
Date: Thursday, June 18, 1998
This is a new discussion group where interested individuals can
discuss the automated binding systems and what changes and
improvements we as users (both libraries and binders) feel need to
be made.

This meeting will be held from 4:00-5:00 on Saturday, June 27, 1998,
at the Library of Congress, Madison Building, West Dining Room (Room
621).

Thanks to Debra McKern's invitation, Hank Racette, owner and
developer of LARS, has agreed to attend the Binding Automation
Discussion Group.  Therefore, this meeting will provide a good
opportunity for us to communicate the improvements we, as users,
would like to see made to the LARS system.

The meeting will be limited in time, so people are encouraged to
send me their lists of questions or issues  I will then compile a
list of most often made requests/suggestions and use these to
facilitate discussion.

One of the unfortunate facts of life is that often the people who
are directly using the automated binding systems are not the people
at our ALA meetings. Sending me lists will give the front line folks
a chance to contribute meaningfully to the development of binding
systems.

Brian J. Baird
Preservation Librarian
University of Kansas