Subject: Shelving

Shelving

From: Sean Harrison <seanh>
Date: Tuesday, June 16, 1998
Our museum is looking to setup a new collections storage space of
about 1000 square feet and we are looking for any recommendations,
suggestions or warnings on storage shelving systems.  We will be
storing a wide selection of artifacts from: paper, sound recordings
of all media, film, videotape, 20th century musical instruments,
paintings on canvas/cloth/board and paper, electrical musical
equipment and sculptures.  We are also looking for something very
easy to modify and manipulate as our needs and collection grow.  We
are also looking at a short turn-around time for
supply/installation.

Sean Harrison
Senior Collections Assistant
Experience Music Project