Subject: Air quality

Air quality

From: Sean Harrison <seanh>
Date: Tuesday, June 16, 1998
Our museum is looking to setup a new collections storage space of
about 1000 square feet and we are looking for any recommendations,
suggestions or warnings on air filtration systems.  We will have a
separate HAVC system for the storage room, with staff work space
adjacent, and can install something in-line for the specific
environment (if advisable). There is heavy traffic and industrial
activity plus significant construction in the area presenting a high
degree of air borne dust and automobile and train exhaust.  With
that said we are obviously concerned about particulate matter
control and carbon and sulfuric pollution reduction.  Also, any
input on standards and guidelines for monitoring such elements and
for control systems/programs would be greatly appreciated.

Sean Harrison
Senior Collections Assistant
Experience Music Project

                  Distributed: Tuesday, June 16, 1998